When it comes to female fitness training, the methods and regime is different from what men do. Women actually have less number of muscles as compared to men which is the main reason for which the training programs are different. Women also have about 60 to 80 percent less muscle mass than men.
How Does Weight Training Help?
A fit body and a healthy diet is the right way to maintain a good figure and steer clear of conditions like osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases. Working out or weight training can take some time to get adjusted to because as a woman, you would need to strain and stretch those muscles which you’re not used to stretching that much. The good news is that weight training burns far more calories as compared to yoga.
Free Weights For Beginners
- If you are starting out weight training for the first time, then it’s advised that you start on a small scale.
- Free weights are the best way to start your weight training. Free weights or dumbbells can be used at a low scale training level in the first few weeks.
- Mostly women start out on half a pound heavy dumbbells.
- You always don’t have to buy boring dark green or black/steel colored dumbbells. You can get them in several exciting colors like purple and electric pink too.
- Some also have a protective padding which can protect your palms from getting cut or strained.
When you start getting used to using weight you can use some more weight. But make sure that your gym trainer is always close by and you are ready for heavier weights. Sudden change from low to too high might cause injury, so be careful.
Weight training with dumbbells can help you tone your arms to a great extent. Within a week you can notice a lot of change. Biceps and triceps have different exercises, so follow whichever one you think is necessary for you.
Now that you know all this you can start your weight training at your gym yourself. Just make sure you get everything approved by your trainer as he or she would know what’s best for you.